Monday, December 6, 2010

Fearless, not flawless


I had a very interesting conversation with someone tonight about people and our many flaws. Some people have the courage to acknowledge those flaws and simply live with them, while others deny their flaws or attempt to point out the flaws in others even more to perhaps make themselves feel better. I find this topic very interesting and have a sort of obsession with people and their flaws, not even specific people but in general. The dysfunctions of life and relationships never cease to amaze me. It creates a complex curiosity within me and causes me to ask myself questions regarding these topics quite often. It has been a long day and I think my fall on the ice today really knocked my train of thought out of order...therefore, I am unable to question anymore tonight or even focus on this topic anymore.

I thought to myself today that I would much rather live the rest of my life being fearless, taking those giant leaps that scare the life out of me and fail than to never have leapt at all. Life is too short to be scared and hold back. I'm going to jump and risk the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment