Thursday, October 28, 2010

Forlorn, adieu, adieu


I have been reading a lot of poetry by John Keats and every time I fall more and more in love. I will never understand how he managed to convey, so beautifully, his feelings for Fanny Brawne. I just bought a book of Keats' poetry from Vargos the other day and immediately walked to Wild Joe's to read it and indulge with some tea...unfortunately a creeper ruined that wonderful moment so i instead opted for a 2 hour walk before work.

I watched the movie bright star earlier in the summer and fell in love with that film as well! Dr. Sexson had been telling me for months to watch it, finally I got around to it. I wanted to watch it over and over! I became so "obsessed' with it that I bought some music from the soundtrack and recitations from the film of Keats' poetry.

I cannot help but wonder what would have been had he not died at such a young age. Either way, his letters are ridiculously romantic and I am a hopeless romantic...or was. I worked for 9 hours on a Saturday a few weekends ago and it was so cold and rainy out, so Wells and I had a cozy day inside. I decided to expose him to some poetry I knew he had never heard...John Keats! For a 10 month old, he is really quite attentive to books, slowly turning the page of one, while you read the other. I felt like I should pair him with some reading glasses since he was already dolled up in his Ralph Lauren Cords and Navy blue cable sweater. I can't help but turn him into a little literary genius and the "your baby can read" infomercials are almost convincing! Well, let me tell you- he is developing into a rather handsome scholar!

My wonderful, ever so beautiful friend Sari bought me the book "Love letters of great men" for Valentine's day one year and I turned to John Keats' letters right away! It is one of my most cherished books in my library now and I find myself picking it up when I need a little boost from the usual dreariness of the days lately.

If you haven't done so RUN out and rent Bright Star...then read some more Keats and envy both him and Fanny for the ever romantic relations they had and their ways of expressing that love. Yes, it was love...it was love...

No comments:

Post a Comment