Friday, March 11, 2011

No more a memory, but a vision


"MY heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains  
  My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,  
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains  
  One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:  
'Tis not through envy of thy happy lot,          
  But being too happy in thine happiness,  
    That thou, light-wingèd Dryad of the trees,  
          In some melodious plot  
  Of beechen green, and shadows numberless,  
    Singest of summer in full-throated ease."


I am here. Surrounded by deep flourishing evergreens. A wave of relief washes over me, distracting me from everything that once was, bringing me to the here and now of my life. What is and what will be. I have a vision, a feeling like dancing. I am weightless in this world that weighs me down. I breathe, the cool air spiraling through my lungs, filling me with delight. I can run, I can dream, and will never again hide from this most beautiful and blessed life. I am....i will be...thank you...


 "Was it a vision, or a waking dream?  
 Fled is that music:—do I wake or sleep?"
-John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment