Friday, February 4, 2011

Hand in hand


Yesterday, in my shakespeare class, we had group presentations about a midsummer nights dream- act 5. Smeone brought up the point that Shakespeare's works are so deep and he writes to entertain and to pull at an array of emotions. I completely agree but i did however disagree with them when they said that he wants us to feel love or sadness, happiness or pain. I couldn't help thinking that those emotions go hand in hand. With love, there is sadness, and pain with happiness. Our emotions do not stand alone they unite, all at once can we completely feel only one emotion? Perhaps, some of us have never sat down to think about this but it is a really interesting idea to me.

"it's not about what actually happened, it's about the love."

~L

1 comment:

  1. I honestly have never sat down to think about this. I think you are amazingly precise about this observation, that all emotions are connected, with every feeling follows a synonym or an antonym. They chase you down even when you feel like you can out run them or avoid the emotion you don't want to see. The complexities are haunting.

    ReplyDelete