Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love laws

I judge this book i am reading. I have been heard saying "i hate this book!" that's not appropriate, i shouldn't say those things. I decided that maybe to begin to appreciate it i should go back, start over and focus on an idea that while i may not like it, i could at least understand it. This is why I settle on "love laws".

Love laws:
"the laws that lay down who should be loved, and how. And how much."

Sad. That is all I could think. Who is to say that only certain people get love and how much they give? The bitter side of me is saying...."damn straight! Not everyone does deserve that love! They don't deserve ANY love!" then the other part of me is thinking that some people really do need more love than others. Some don't know how to love or be loved. I cant answer as to why but the word "fear" keeps popping into the forefront of my mind.

Reading this book for the second time, i am realizing what a grand theme love is. How did this escape me before? It's everywhere! I included some quotes that are my favorite. No, they don't evoke that deep intellectual thought as other works of literature might but they do produce feelings and emotions deep within that stir as you read the lines. That is what made me LOVE this book.

"D'you know what happens when you hurt people? When you hurt people, they begin to love you less. That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.". I think it is safe to say that i have learned my lesson here. Sadly, I admit my words have had the power to do this. Some people say actions speak louder than words, i. Don't know if i can say the same.

"she liked to believe that he had never loved her in the first place."

"she was 27 that year, and in the pit of here stomach she carried the cold knowledge that, for her, life had been lived. She had had one chance. She made a mistake. She married the wrong man."

"they had loved a man to death"

The god of small things

http://www.subtwenty.com/diego/images/two%20faces%20painting.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment