Friday, February 4, 2011

"If you don't risk anything, you risk even more"


The title of this post is the ending of a wonderful, wonderful quote:

"love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why we are all so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for it. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."

I think I realize this now more than ever but i can't help asking myself, "when do i stop risking? How much do i honestly have to risk before I lose? What will i lose?" I don't know if it is me or a lot of people but i feel like i have a hell of a lot more questions than answers. Sometimes it is frustrating, but at the very least it keeps me thinking and searching. All of my questions are like a yellow brick road, constantly on this journey- not necessarily searching for oz...but something of the sort.

All i can think in my head right now is...should i really have skipped class and... "rejection is a beast". Seriously, that is me putting it very nicely. I am so thankful that i have such a wonderful set of friends and my family. I think the long drive home might be much needed soon to see everyone and expose myself to some of that sweet, sweet family love.

I am going to start a collage next week, but i feel that this weekend will be a weekend of just me...my homework, writing, limited artistic abilities and perhaps a lot more sleep since that is clearly lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment