Friday, November 5, 2010

Brink of light in a world of darkness


Even on the warmest of days, this world can seem so cold. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel...so cliche...so true. I have found that I tend to blog at extreme moments, for example, when I am either REALLY excited or really disappointed/ frustrated, etc. Not always, but usually. My blog is like my own little cove. I love it :)

I have been reading Eliot's Four Quartets a lot lately. I know I have said this before but it amazes me how every time I read it something new comes to me! It's funny how Eliot works with my moods. When I am in a confused or lost mood I find myself questioning every thing he says and life situations in general. But when I am happy and have something to look forward to Eliot provides a sort of light and a weight that I want to carry around. It's hard for me to explain- it's an infatuation.

I decided to write this blog because I am once again looking at pursuing one of my dreams in the near future! About 3 years ago, I was going to drop out of MSU and go to Le Cordon Bleu, which would have allowed me to be near my family and away from whatever it was that was troubling me. I tend to run from my troubles (mostly) although sometimes I follow my troubles around like a lost puppy. Sad. Pathetic. Back to the topic of my DrEaM...I am going to finish my writing minor, live life a bit, then leave these dusty roads behind, and yes I will be kicking dust up into the eyes of those behind me so you better either run ahead or stand by my side. When I decided to pursue this dream in the near future (thanks to the one and only wonderful Sari) I couldn't breathe. Usually I am breathless because I am overwhelmed with something- but not this time it was pure excitement!

The path ahead is both known and unknown, anticipated and feared but I am willing to walk it with my head held high!

Oh, why hello there future- I look forward to meeting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment