Sunday, November 14, 2010

The joys. Birth and rebirth.


It has been far too long since my last blog...and of course it will be cut short because I am heading to work soon.

I have had one of the best weeks ever though, no questions. I was surprised last Saturday by numerous phone calls and text messages telling me to get to the hospital as soon as I was off work to meet the newest addition to the family! I was so overcome with excitement that my 2-9 shift seemed to be droning on and on. I spent every moment that I wasn't working with my sister and Baby in the hospital...I call him baby because he didn't even have a name until Sunday, Sawyer J.

I was amazed at how much I learned those few days at the hospital...the down and dirty facts (scary truths) about C-sections and newborns. Every time I took Sawyer in my arms I wanted to cry with joy! I think that he could quite possibly be one of the most perfect babies ever! EVER! My sister and I became very, very close during this time and I had the most amazing time with her! I am so proud of my sister, she is such a wonderful mother and sister! I would give anything for her and loved being able to help her with the baby through the first days and nights after his birth. I feel like I have been so selfish lately and knowing that I really did help someone else and being shown that true genuine appreciation is more than I could ask for.

I don't know if I have ever truly bonded with a baby like I have with Sawyer. He was tiny, losing weight quickly and getting jaundice by about day 3 so we had to supplement him with formula. I got to feed him through a syringe :) I could sit here and write about him for hours, all the great moments I experienced, but it really doesn't matter to any of you reading it. What matters is that I have them to keep and I feel like sharing all the special things would somehow ruin the entire thing.

The last week has been wonderful and I am so happy that this little munchkin is a part of our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment