Monday, November 1, 2010

Life is a waiting game

"Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it."~ A great Lonesome Dove quote


I am amazed at the amount of time, especially this last year, I have wasted in waiting. Pathetic, actually. The only thing that I have been patient with is finding the perfect puppy for me...which I may have just found! I have been looking for a puppy since early summer and am still on a mission to get one of those precious babies OUT of a shelter into my cozy home! I pick dogs the way I pick guys....slowly, cautiously and very picky...perhaps I need to be more careful with my choice in men though.

Anyways, why do we spend so much of our time (or at least me) waiting for things to happen- things ARE happening every moment. Take your chances and let fate have its way then. I need to tell myself that more. This is another reason I want to get rid of these social utilities. If I lived near my family I would get rid of my phone as well. The calls, texts, responses...they are not coming, they never will. I wish I knew when the point of "giving up" should be put in action.

Even though I tell myself "wait no more", what am I doing this very second? Yes, yes, I am waiting. Again, pathetic! Right?!

I have one of the greatest friends in the world! Some of my most intimate, deep conversations take place at Plonk- which is right where this one took place. I was so shocked at her blunt statement that I couldn't even cry, as badly as I wanted to. Sometimes the hardest things are what we need to hear, even if it is exactly what we don't want to. She did it for my own good, but the words she said to me sticks in my heart like a knife... a wealth of knowledge and good advice though.

Why is it that we wait, hold on...life lessons- so overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment