Thursday, November 4, 2010

In my beginning is my end


I was walking today and thought to myself, while pondering certain life situations "When does it end?!"...Eliot once again came to my rescue telling me "in my beginning is my end". AhA! Of course it is. But wait...what does this even mean? I thought I knew what it meant but now a few months later I find myself clueless about all the things I thought I once knew. Hmmmm...does this bring me back to my Senior Capstone with the one and only Shaman Sexson? Yes! "What do I know now that I didn't know before?" This could get comical if I actually responded with a list.

I have always loved, loved, loved Eliot and read some more of his works in the summer but the Four Quartets is still my favorite. It is like a pool reflecting all these connections to life- it amazes me to say the least. As I said before I converted one room in my apartment into my "library" and there are definitely some classy Eliot quotes on those walls. I love it, I smile every time I go in there. I have actually found myself wandering in there before I go to bed some nights just to smile at my bookshelf. It really is a strange thing to do.

And they were behind us, reflected in the pool.
Then a cloud passed, and the pool was empty.

memories...memories...memories...there and gone...

This also reminds me, I feel like I am back in my freshman days..confused by MSU's ridiculous system of dealing with issues. Oh, wait that was EVERY year!!!!! I am thoroughly frustrated with MSU right now and their ways of assigning "seniority" and what not because they do not know how! They love confusing themselves and every one else- I promise, they love it! I am back at the beginning of this whole nonsense right when I thought I had really in fact hit "the end", thanks MSU for never ceasing to make my life dull! At least I got some nice walks out of it, Also, sorry to the city of Bozeman for obnoxiously kicking around all of the crunchy leaves you worked so hard collecting yesterday- it was out of frustration on my way back from campus...but I got pure Joy from it. So my most sincere apologies and THANKS! :) I am now a happy girl and can get on with my day. It's the simple things in life.

2 comments:

  1. the perpetual cycle that we call life. how grand it is to find the end, but even more glorious when can start a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I had that exact feeling...a new awakening- a new beginning- every day something new is bound to happen no matter how small and could be life changing! It's so profound

    ReplyDelete