Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An up and coming literary scholar?



This blog is dedicated to little Wells:

Yes, the little man in my life right now could quite possibly be the greatest man I have ever had in my life. No, actually he IS the greatest man ever known to me. Wells Summers, I love you! How lucky could a girl be to spend every day with him as his nanny?! I walked in the other day and Wells literally jumped up and down in his jumper for a good 4 minutes, probably more. There have been days that I have showed up to work just miserable and it's as if he knows what I am thinking and simply puts his head against me. I could not be blessed with a better family, other than my own, to be a part of my life! When I show up to work he puts his arms out to me and rests his head on my shoulder...that is the "hello" that I get every day...with an adorable smile showing his 2 little teeth!

The other night Carrie and I went to dinner at Second Street Bistro with Wells and I think that I experienced one of the most amazing moments ever! Wells and I sat down in the booth and Carrie sat across from us. As I stood him up on my lap, he put his arm around my neck and put his face against mine, I almost started crying because it was the sweetest most loving moment I think I have ever experienced!

I recently bought Wells the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and he LOVES it, almost as much as he loves "Where the Wild Things are". I was inspired to write this blog mainly to brag about this wonderful person in my life (and yes he is a full person, not a half person as some people like to call babies) but also because of Wells' obsession with books! He doesn't want them on the shelf, he wants them on the floor surrounding him! I have started to Document his new habits with my camera because they are too cute to miss- then I think "oh no I just captured his soul"! Wells and I could not make a better pair! He is one of the smartest babies I have ever been around (probably because he has such a scholarly nanny), haha!

The other day, I made Wells listen to some John Keats poetry and he was actually listening to me! Carrie said he learned how to turn the pages in the books because we read together so much :) That made me so happy!

While Wells may be an up and coming scholar in literature, we do have other "baby" fun too! Honestly, I don't know anyone else that would sing "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" in the middle of downtown Bozeman just to make a baby smile...yes, I did that just for him- but I got the smile out of him!

I wish I had some reading glasses to put on him right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment